Things you might not have known about yoga
Some interesting facts and information about yoga
Yoga is a fascinating subject when you get into it. Many people practice yoga but are not aware of its interesting history or facts. Here we just touch on a few …
- Yoga is over 5,000 years old and originates in India.
- Sanskrit is the official language of yoga
- Yoga has 66 recognised poses
- In the US over $5 billion is spent on yoga each year
- Around 75% of yogis are women and 25% men
- Yoga is actually more a breathing exercise than anything else
- The oldest yoga teacher is said to be 85 years old
- For every 30 minutes of yoga you should allow 5 minutes of complete rest
- Ancient yogi belief is that we only have a limited number of breaths in our life – sos the slower you breathe, the longer you live.