by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews (Author)
This is one of our favourite yoga books. It is an Amazon best seller and for good reason. Full colour anatomical illustrations, and indepth information, really makes this an interesting and informative read for yogis.
Yoga Anatomy provides you with a good understanding of the structures and principles underlying each movement and pose. From breathing to inversions to standing poses, see how specific muscles respond to the movements of the joints; how alterations of a pose can enhance or reduce effectiveness; and how the spine, breathing, and body position are all fundamentally linked.
Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing yoga for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
288 pages of pure yoga joy!
by Colleen Saidman Yee
Another great book for yoga enthusiasts. This book does talk about particular yoga poses and sequences, but the difference here is that is it basked up by Colleen’s personal journey and that really makes it come to life.
Approachable, sympathetic, funny, and candid, Colleen shares personal anecdotes along with her compassionate insights and practical instructions for applying yoga to everyday issues and anxieties. Specific yoga sequences accompany each chapter and address everything from hormonal mood swings to detoxing, depression, stress, and increased confidence and energy. Step-by-step instructions and photographs demonstrate her signature flow of poses so you can follow them effortlessly.
by Celest Pereira
Another one of our favourite yoga books. This one is for those who are experienced in yoga and want to start teaching others. It offers some great practical advice on how to start your yoga teaching career.
This is what the writer, Celest Pereira says: “In addition to having my own successful yoga career I also offer mentoring to yoga teachers who are just starting out. For newly qualified teachers the transition to the world of teaching can be tricky. So it became a desire of mine to see more teachers gain classes, build a solid client base and organise successful workshops and retreats. I have seen many teachers thrive on the advice I gave them, and it inspired me to share my knowledge in this book so more people can experience this progress. In the space of a few short years, I have seen my career as a yoga teacher take off: I run fully booked classes in top yoga studios, have become a brand ambassador for international companies, been flown to exotic locations to teach workshops and privates, and I earn a passive income through online video downloads. I am not telling you this to impress you. I want you to know that if I can do it, so can you! I do not think of myself as a finished product, but what has worked for me, I want YOU to know too. In this book I share everything I did to get to where I am. I can’t wait to see you happy and fulfilled in your yoga teaching career!”
Hatha is a very popular form of yoga and this book uses no less than 650 full-colour photos to demonstrate 77 standard hatha yoga poses. The poses are presented from start to finish which makes it a really easy book to follow. There are also 11 suggested routines to follow.
by Olivia Summers
A great book for beginners to yoga. Learn:
- Why being “not flexible” can actually be a good reason to start Yoga
- Sanskrit terminology reference guide–you won’t be intimidated by all those big words
- 30 Yoga Poses–Learn a new pose each day
- Why yoga is more than just a form of exercise
- The art of mindfulness–How to find inner peace through yoga
- The different types of yoga and which one is best suited for you
- How to modify certain poses based on injury or restrictions
- Tips for beginners to get the most out of their yoga practice
- Why you should never skip Savasana
- Plus, so much more!
by Olivia Summers
Yoga is not only a growing activity for women, but men too! This book addresses the best poses for men. Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn why yoga is for men too
- Understand the basics of yoga and why you don’t need to be flexible
- How to take back your health with a few simple poses…in just 30 days
- Why you should always do a warm-up before you practice
- How to modify your yoga workout to fit your needs and injuries
- 30 Challenging Poses (with pictures!) to take your exercise routine to the next level
- A Guide to developing your own personal yoga workout
- Why breathing techniques are so important–and how to use them to de-stress
- Full length core yoga workout to target your abs and get a 6-pack